Welcome to Westwood!
At Westwood Elementary School, we’re committed to meeting the needs of our pre-K through 5th grade students. We provide a safe, friendly and respectful school environment and value our diversity, community partnerships and commitment to life-long learning. Our staff, families and community work together to provide meaningful learning experiences that support student success.
Student Success Goals
- All children can learn and produce quality work.
- All children benefit from developmentally appropriate materials, practices, strategies, up-to-date curriculum and technology to prepare them for life in the 21st century.
- School is not just about children: it encompasses families, parents, community, stakeholders, society, the environment, and the world.
- Respect, Responsibility, Safety, and Kindness are the foundation for all that we do, teach and learn.
- Children are more than test scores.
- Children thrive when expectations are high and self-esteem is higher.
Positive School Culture
At Westwood, we use a combination of PBIS and Responsive Classroom techniques to build a positive community. We collaborate to help students develop academic, social, and emotional skills in a learning environment that is responsive to individual strengths and needs.