You are here
Activities & Athletics
The purpose of the Activities and Athletics Program is to support the mission, vision, and values expressed in the Strategic Plan for the Bloomington School District.
Our activities and athletic programs are led by strong, caring professionals who demonstrate high expectations for the success of all students. Our coaches take personal responsibility for individuals and their program's continuous improvement.
- seeing the big picture.
- encouraging the highest moral standards in competition and life.
- communicating effectively with staff, students, parents, and the media.
- offering academic support.
- developing students into leaders.
- creating a positive learning environment.
The above values are based on the Coaches Code of Ethics
Bloomington Kennedy and Jefferson High School each have a 70,000 square foot Activity Center for athletes. The Activity Centers include
- five full hardwood basketball courts
- two baseball/softball/golf cages
- 5,400 square foot weight room
- indoor running track
- 4500-seat soccer/football stadium
- two hockey arenas
Admission prices for school activities are $7 for adults and $5 for students. Activities fees are suggested by the Metro West Conference and adopted by all schools in the conference. Fees are also approved by the School Board.
Kennedy High School Activities Director
Jefferson High School Activities Director