You are here
The School Board includes student representatives, one from each high school.
Front row L-R: Dawn Steigauf, Jackson Domagala, Ally Starks, Nelly Korman; Back row L-R: Superintendent Les Fujitake, Jim Sorum, Maureen Bartolotta, Tom Bennett, Beth Beebe, Dick Bergstrom
Regular Board Meetings
School board meetings take place on the second and fourth Monday of each month at 7 p.m. Meetings are held in the Arlene Bush Board Room at the Educational Services Center, 1350 West 106th Street, Bloomington, MN. (Exception: If a holiday falls on a Monday, the Board session will be on Tuesday.)
The third Monday of the month is reserved for a study session, a Board meeting or a combination thereof at 7 p.m. unless determined otherwise.
Click to view a live stream of BEC-TV.
School Board Goals
The board has established the following goals for the 2019-20 school year:1. Governance
- Study start times.
- Provide support for innovative District projects.
- Negotiate new contracts.
- Review and update 20 policies, if needed.
- Continue to implement the updated Community Engagement Plan of December 10, 2018.
- Plan for Board succession.
- Collaborate with the Superintendent on achieving the above goals.
Executive Assistant to the Superintendent and School Board